HOSTING A WORKSHOP
Hosting a workshop is a fantastic way to learn A LOT in a short amount of time, and for free! Most workshop locations have 2 separate workshops, 2 days each. Therefore the host gets to attend 4 days of workshops. To be a host, there are requirements and also an application. If you meet the following requirements, please proceed to fill out the application.
- Recruit 3 newborn models for each workshop day, models must be under 12 days old // parents will get the images for FREE directly from me, and must fill out a Born Archival Co. model release. You are welcome to sell parents print products from my edited files.
- Sign a non-compete stating you will not be teaching studio light newborn workshops in the next 3 years.
- Assist in recruiting attendees: promote workshops on your social media pages and on any local/national photographer groups you may belong to.
- Assist me in behind the scenes video and photographing.
- Arrange a light breakfast (bread, fruit, etc), lunch (sandwiches or similar) , dinner out or order in (reservations) and snacks/refreshments for attendees and also have snacks and refreshments for parents. I will cover the cost.
- Provide names of nearby hotels for attendees.
- Translate, if needed.
- Provide Wi-Fi.
- If near a scenic area, arrange 1 evening (sunset) outdoor shoot with mom and her newborn at a scenic location the day after or before the workshops. This shoot will only be for the host and myself.
- Provide a large computer/tv screen for the editing and business presentation portion of the workshops.
- Hosts must have a studio equipped to hold 8-12 attendees, and the natural light window must be surrounded by dark walls on 2 sides, or be able to be covered with dark fabric/paper/v-flats on sides. All other windows must be able to be covered. Further studio requirements:
- Beanbag and beanbag stand that can be adjusted (I may ask you to remove beans from your beanbag)
- Underblankets for beanbag that are smooth (such as chenille)
- Light stand that lowers a 64" modifier close to the ground
- Paul C. Buff transmitter for Einstein 640 for your camera
- At least 3 props
- Provide diapers (at least package of 54) and wipes
- 10 cloth diapers, washed
- Portable heater without automatic shut off
- white noise machine
If you can fulfill all the above requirements, please fill out the host application form and also submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following images:
- Studio space, including shooting area, parent area, all props, blankets, and also the entrance and restroom.
- Beanbag setup, light stand, backdrops (paper or wall), floor boards, natural light window.
- Exterior view of the studio.